In this policy, the words ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ or ‘BFZ’ refer to Brainfartz ‘the charity’.
Brainfartz Limited is a charity registered in England and Wales: 1169783 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales: 9872625
Brainfartz Limited takes the privacy of its beneficiaries and supporters very seriously and adheres to all aspects of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We never sell, rent, or share your details without your consent
- We only hold your ‘personal’ data when you provide it to us,
(e.g. when you make a donation, buy an item from our online shop, register to take part in an event or challenge, etc.)
- You can visit our website without revealing your identity
The data that we do hold is relative to your relationship with us. It will only include personal information if you have voluntarily provided that to us (for instance, a contact method such as home address, phone number and/or email).
By visiting our website, using our services or participating in our activities, you agree to your personal information being collected and used in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice as updated from time to time.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or our practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: Brainfartz Limited, Holly House, 36 Knedlington Road, Howden, East Yorkshire, DN14 7ER
This Policy explains the privacy and the data protection practices in connection with:
- Brainfartz Limited
- What personal information is collected
- How we use your information
- What information we disclose to other parties
- You and your information
- Links to other websites
- Changes to this Policy
What personal information is collected
We collect two types of information:
- Personal Information such as: name, postal address, telephone number, email address, card or bank details, etc. This is taken from the information you voluntarily submit via registration forms, correspondence, phone calls, donations, shopping, Just Giving, Gift Aid declarations, etc.
You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain site related activities.
- Non-personal information such as: which web pages you visit, IP addresses, social media used, etc. This is captured using Cookies (see below for more information). Also within this area are any preferences that you may have informed us of, such as how you want to hear from us and which aspects of the charity are of particular interest, etc.
How we use your information
We will use your information in a number of ways, in order to:
- Help deal with your enquiry, request or application
- Process your purchase or a donation
- Provide further information about our cause, work, activities or products
- Register and administer your event or challenge participation
- Analyse and improve our work and services
- Seek your ideas and feedback, via research or surveys
- Provide a more personalised service
- Provide it to a professional body if required by law or to comply with a legal process to register you with our web site and to administer our web site services for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer
- Notify you about changes to our Service
- Aid fraud prevention
What information we disclose to others
We never sell, rent or share your details with other charities or companies for marketing purposes. The only time your information is shared with other organisations is:
- Where you have given your permission for us to do so.
- With a small number of trusted partners who are employed as our service providers or agents and contractually bound to use your information strictly for the performance of a particular service only.
(e.g. those who securely process payments, deliver goods, host the website, etc.)
- When we are obliged to do so by law, or if contacted by the authorities with a reasonable request for information.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Levitra price comparison
- Online propecia canada
- Buy vardenafil pill
- Best place to buy lasix
For beneficiaries who access the centre – We never sell your details to other charities or third parties. None of the information you provide to the Recovery and Rehabilitation Centre is shared with the Charity or Company. You will only hear from the Charity or the Company if you have separately provided your details to them, by registering for a newsletter or undertaking some form of transaction (such as registering for a fundraising event, buying something, or making a donation, etc).
We may occasionally need to share your information with our partner charities and organisations in order to deliver the service and support you need. We will NEVER do this unless you have given your explicit consent for us to do so.
You and Your Information
We will send you information about Brainfartz according to any preferences you submitted: by phone, post, email or SMS. You can alter your preferences at any time by emailing your request to: email@example.com, or by calling 07525 120115, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
Please note, if you ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will retain your details on our suppression list to ensure we do not accidentally contact you in the future. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998). To obtain a copy, please write to the Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: Holly House, 36 Knedlington Road, Howden, East Yorkshire, DN14 7ER. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We use ‘cookies’ on our website to help us improve its look and feel. A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your hard drive whenever you visit a website. It collects statistics by tracking your movements and can also be used to identify when you return to a website. Where cookies are used, you will be informed of their presence and function and given the opportunity to disallow the cookie being placed on your hard drive. For more information, please read our Cookies Policy.
How we protect your information
We make every effort to securely store any data. All Brainfartz Limited data is kept within the EU and our storage of it adheres to the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC.
In the course of our business, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. We take steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Online – Unfortunately, no transmission via the internet is wholly secure, so we urge you to safeguard your data by protecting your computer with anti-virus software and ensuring your data is being transmitted securely. Any information you choose to send to us is carried out at your own risk.
We do not retain credit card or banking details on our web servers. Instead, we transfer them to a secure banking database for the purpose of collecting and recording payments. We also encrypt payment pages using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain information linked to or provided by other companies (such as third-party events, etc). They are outside of our control and not covered by this Privacy & Security Policy. Please be aware that, should you access other sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may have a privacy notice which differs from our own.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such privacy policies. Please check the relevant policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this Privacy and Security Policy.
Brainfartz Limited reserves the right to modify its website and/or this Privacy & Security Policy at any time.
We encourage users of our website to frequently check this page for any changes.
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of this policy.
Updated Feb 2018.